Running a business doesn’t mean that you have to have it on your brain all the time. Too much work causes a life imbalance, and no matter what living you choose to put your hand to, first and last, you’re still a person with 24 hours in a day who has to sleep, at a minimum, at least seven hours of that to maintain some minimum standard of health. The other seventeen hours, you can choose to fill as you see fit — hopefully in a healthy way.
All work and no rest makes for a sick you, and no business will make up for that. Not only do you have to think about the health of your business, you also have to mind your physical, mental, and emotional health. One very helpful way to attend to all three is to use mind-mapping to help you get out the issues that plague you and address them.
We wrote about mind-mapping years ago in “Mapping For Mental Clarity.” When your mental inbox is over-flowing, mind-mapping essentially helps you clear it out and set a course of action to manage your to-do’s.
Mindmapping can help you:
- Clear your head by letting you get out everything that’s been weighing heavily on your mind.
- Generate and capture ideas while brainstorming choices, counter-moves, and possible options.
- Plot out possible future moves by organizing ideas and passing thoughts that may be the seeds of something good.
- Plan your actionables so you can get what you want, and get to where you want to go.
- Plan around a goal and help you plot out the actual steps you need to take to achieve that goal.