We are a visually oriented species as a whole. We follow the shiny and we like pictures — the good ones speak a thousand words, after all. Couple that with the internet, and you’ll know that images are an important visual support and design element on websites. They can be the focus of an article. As accompaniment, they can help tell a story– and of course, pictures of products are an excellent way to showcase the goods.
The internet is basically a very fast way to communicate, and the better we get at telling our stories and sharing what we aim to be valuable content, the more we build value in our products and offerings.
Photographs are easy to come by for anyone with a smartphone and some free image editing software. But when you’re running your own business, how much time to you have to take photos, pick out okay ones, and pump them up a little before posting them within your article? Try: Not that much.
If you’re the kind to need different kinds of pictures for your blog, website, e-books, brochures, or even your mind-mapping board, here are seven free stock photo resources for you.
- 50 new high-quality photos are made available daily, and each month adds some 1,500 hi-res photos from trusted photographers and other sources like Gratisography and Unsplash.
- Has over 10,000 searchable photos already available online.
- All photos licensed under the Creative Commons Zero (CC0) license. This means the pictures are completely free to be used for any legal purpose, for personal or commercial use. You can modify, copy and distribute the photos, with no need for attribution or to link to the source. Each photo provides source links.
Pexels helps designers, bloggers and everyone looking for an image to find great photos that you can use anywhere for free. If you aspire to take and share your own pictures, you can upload them as well.
- Free hi-res photos, all licensed under Creative Commons Zero.
- Subscription services sends you 10 new photos every ten days, just sign up.
Although they don’t provide any easy way to search for a particular photo, their photos are gorgeous and great to browser through for inspiration. All photos are in high-resolution. All are public domain images.
- If you’re looking for ‘old- timey’ photos, the site features copyright-free images from public archives, either from photos already free from copyright restrictions, or ones that have aged out into the public domain.
- Attribution may be needed, so you have to check.
- Free hi-res photos taken by Ryan McGuire of Bells Design.
- His terms:” I offer my pictures under the same terms as Creative Commons Zero with the common sense differences/limitations that you can’t use any of my images for pornographic, criminal, defamatory or degrading purposes, you can’t use or redistribute my images on free stock photo websites or apps, you can’t sell and/or redistribute my pictures implying you’re the photographer, and you can’t sell and/or redistribute my pictures as stock photography. So you can create awesome work without needing to spend a dime and freely use my pictures for personal or commercial projects without any strings attached.
- All the hi-res photos released on the site are licensed under CC0. No attribution is needed.
- Stocksnap’s long-term goal is to create a community of great photographers, so every photograph is accompanied by a link to the photographer’s profile. If you’re looking for a photographer whose style you like, this can also be an opportunity to get in touch.
- All images released under CCO. No attribution is needed.
- Not only do they have photos, they also have videos, vector graphics and illustrations.
- You can also explore the site by most popular or most active photographers, by camera type (yes, by what camera was used to take the photos), and by editor’s choice.
- High-quality, public domain, hi-res photographs presented as an alternative to bland stock photos, curated from other high-quality sites.
Like this article? Found it helpful? Bookmark Jrox Resources for more helpful articles, and visit Jrox.com to learn more about Affiliate Marketing and get access to your own Affiliate Software and eCommerce Shopping Cart.